The Youth Trumpet & Taps Corps is a service organization for high school trumpet players who use their musical gifts to honor military veterans.
Our main project is volunteering to sound Taps at military veterans’ funerals because there are over 1500 veterans passing away each day and not enough military buglers to attend every funeral; so most veterans receive an audio recording of Taps. Out of respect for service to our country, we feel that veterans’ final honors are more worthy of a live rendition of our National Song of Remembrance.
- Our Mission
- To train, support, and recognize high school trumpet players who use their musical gifts to honor military veterans.
- Our Projects
- Sounding Taps at veterans’ funerals
Performing Taps and Echo Taps at wreath layings
Performing Branch of Service Songs at Hospice Recognition Ceremonies
Performing patriotic music at Veterans’ Day and Memorial Day ceremonies
- Our Supporters
- U.S. Cellular – The Future of Good
Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma
Bruce Chidester of the Branson Trumpet Ensemble
- Our Past Performances (selected listing)
- Memorial Day Ceremony | Sunnylane Cemetery – May 2014
22 Crosses Awareness | Okla. State Capitol Lawn – September 2014
OHB God & Country Concert | Midwest City – October 2014
Veteran’s Day Ceremony | VA Medical Center – November 2014
Women’s Veterans Monument Dedication | Del City – November 2014
Wreaths Across America | Sunnylane Cemetery – December 2014/2015
Ex-POW Appreciation | Okla. VA Medical Center – April 2015
Memorial Day Run | OKC and Fort Worth – May 2015
National Moment of Remembrance | Texas Pool – May 2015
Salute to Freedom | Northwest Baptist Church – May 2015
Remembrance Ceremonies | Dignity Memorial – May 2015
Veterans Day Ceremonies | Crossroads Hospice – November 2015
National Veterans Day Run | Oklahoma City – November 2014/2015
Veterans Day Ceremony | Okla. VA Medical Center – November 2015
Veterans Day Motorcycle Rally | 7 locations – November 2015
Wreaths Across America | 8 ceremonies in 5 States – December 2015
Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans | Events in OK & WI Mar/Apr 2016
Oklahoma National Guard Military Ball | April 2016
Ex-POW Recognition Day | OK VA Medical | April 2016
Memorial Day ceremonies in 8 states | May 2016
Oklahoma VFW State Convention | June 2016
Flag Day Ceremonies in 3 states | June 2016
United States Navy Burial at Sea/9-11 Memorial | USS New Jersey 2016
WWII 6th Marine Division Reunion | August 2016
Honoring Our Fallen Opening Ceremony | Tulsa, OK | Aug. 2016
POW/MIA Recognition Ceremony | Arkansas State Capitol | Sept. 2016
31 Veterans Day performances in 10 states | November 2016
- Our Locations
- Our volunteers serve events and funerals within a 15-20 minute radius of their high schools. Service is subject to volunteer availability.
We currently have volunteers serving their local communities in 30 states including: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin..
If we don’t have a volunteer working with your local funeral home, contact us to start the recruitment process of a volunteer in your community. Recruitment and training will take approximately 2 months.
in the news
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE AlWood High School Student Initiates Law to Allow Students to Volunteer at Military Funerals August 12, 2016...
- INSIDE EDITION A girl is going above and beyond to make sure veterans have a live version of taps played...
- NEWS 9 Giving Veterans A Final Salute Is An OKC Girl’s Passion News9.com – Oklahoma City, OK – News, Weather,...
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Tenth Grader Recruits Other High School Trumpet Players To Play Taps At Military Funerals June 20,...